Monday 8 April 2013

Adepticon Build-Up: The Battle Plan

Right-oh, this is the post for those who are attending Adepticon and wish to find me, but it’s also an aide memoire for me as to where I’m meant to be going and when, and it’s easier to reference than cross-checking my emails.

Or just writing it down on a piece of paper.  Ah, to hell with that!  This is the FUTURE!

I’m heading to the event under the auspices of Geek Nation Tours and the very affable and considerate Teras, and I’ll be landing in the state on Tuesday afternoon.  I’ve got nothing planned in particular until the main event other than just acclimatising to the similar but different surroundings and the general, well, bigness that America seems to bring in almost everything it does.

When it comes to the Adepticon itself, I’ll taking place in the 40K Friendly on Friday and bringing the list that everyone who reads my blog now knows how to beat (there’s no excuse now!).  I’ve been veering away from the competitive scene of late, as the pressure and the general samey-ness of the lists is something I find quite disheartening.  That’s not to denigrate anyway who does go in heavy in that area, but I just do enjoy that style of play any more.  I fair prefer semi-comp nowadays and to design and play against more characterful lists.  That’s an 8 hour play time, starting at 12.

Saturday is a busy one.  I’m starting off with the Dirty Tricks seminar, to give me a bit of a boost in painting, as I am not a painter by nature and dislike the process in general.  The seminar should either help me speed things up even more, or make my usual stuff look a bit better.  That one’s from 10.30-11.30.

After that there’s an Inquisitor game at noon.  I am so looking forward to this!  Inquisitor is possibly my favourite spin-off game from GW and it has been far too long since I had a go.  I’ve just got to get my arse into gear and paint my models for it, although it appears that could be unnecessary, as the description does say that they have spares.  Nevertheless, there is some degree of pride in me!

I then lie in wait until 7 for the final event of the day (and night); the Malifaux evening.  This will be my first ever Malifaux event, so I have no idea what to expect, but I’ll be flying the flag high for the Outcasts until it ends and 2 in the morning.  A very unusual timeslot, that, so I wonder how I’ll be playing that early in the following morning!  Could either be fun or torture…

Thankfully, Sunday has no plans for me and I’ll just be free-roaming the halls and looking at stuff, or just recovering from the previous two day’s worth of gaming.  If any of you are coming, feel free to track me down or send me an email at ciaran@theoverlords.co.uk and we can arrange time for a drink or two.

So long all!

No comments: